Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I prayed to be a blessing to someone...but instead I was the one who was blessed.

     This morning before my nursing clinicals, I sent up a quick prayer asking that I would be a blessing to someone today.

     And God answered.

     I was bathing an IMCU patient this morning and in the midst of our small talk, he started talking about God. Immediately I saw an opportunity open before my eyes. We talked about the awful things going on in the world. He told me to raise my future children in a godly household instead of them growing up watching the evilness of this world on TV. He told me to pray everyday. He told me how he reads his favorite bible verses each morning to start out his day, and which ones they were. I responded with a couple of my own favorite verses, and recited them to him the best I could.

     I have no idea if I made an impact on this man or not, but what I do know, is that he made an impact on me. His passion for sharing God was apparent, and I can only hope to be like him and continue spreading the love of God. I am now more confident that I am pursuing the right career  and I am where God wants me to be. Patients like these make the early clinical mornings, and the late nights studying worth it.

It turns out I was the one who was blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment